Wednesday, August 09, 2017

BRUTAL SIN (THE VAULT #3)

Falling in love will be brutal. 

Bryan is ruthless, heartless, and more than a little proud of his notorious reputation, until his bad attitude threatens to strip him of the one place he can’t live without. His sanctuary. The Vault. The exclusive club is the only place he feels at home, and he’ll do whatever it takes to reclaim what is his. Even if it means asking for help from the woman who landed him in trouble in the first place. 

Pamela may have become weak-kneed over Bryan’s talented hands once before, but this self-empowered widow isn’t stupid enough to want more from the sanctimonious ass. Nope. At least that’s what she tells herself before he turns up at her café, offering to refresh her memory on his skilled fingers and filthy words in exchange for a favor. 

He needs her to set things straight in the Vault. She needs him to satisfy the cravings of fulfilment she’s been missing. It’s a match made in hedonistic heaven, until hostility turns to lust, and lust into passion, capturing them both in an emotional web neither one of them want to be ensnared in. 

Warning: This is an exhibitionist’s playfield and a voyeur’s delight, but dominance always rules. Throw in teasing, torture, and a gag or two, and you’ve got yourself another night of debauchery within the carnal walls of the Vault of Sin.

Release Date: August 4, 2017
The Vault Book #3
Contemporary Erotic Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki’s review:

I have been waiting to get my hands on this book! It's book #3 in a fantastic series. Eden Summers is wickedly brilliant, and this book doesn't disappoint!

Brute is a no holds barred kinda guy. He tells it like it is. He's growly, and kinda mean. He's also sex personified! I really wanted to dislike Brute, I really did. There wasn't anything about his personality that was endearing to me...at first. I had to look for the subtle things, I had to dig deep. Slowly but surely I was able to get glimpses into what was lurking beneath his rough exterior. 

Pamela is searching for a man who can make her body sing and her heart flutter. Brute can take care of the first one, but he doesn't deal in emotions. Every woman at the club seems to fall all over themselves for a night with Brute, but not Pamela. She wants him, but she doesn't have time for his bullshit. This confuses and intrigues Brute! I loved this about her! I loved that she was strong enough to not put up with his surly attitude. Pamela was a refreshingly quick-witted heroine!

Oy! These two have baggage...a lot of baggage! The difference between them is that Pamela knows what her issues are and wants to change them. Brute is content with the status quo. I enjoyed watching Pamela pull back the layers that make Brute who he is. He, of course, didn't go down without a fight. And that just made the process that much more exciting. 

The first two books in this series were crazy sexy, but Brutal Sin was scorchingly erotic. Like, really goddamn hot! Brute has a seriously wicked way with words...and his fingers. 

I devoured this book. If it weren't for my children needing to eat (why do they need to eat everyday?) I wouldn't have come up for air until the last page. The witty comebacks from the heroine kept me giggling, and the brooding from the hero kept my heart hurting for him. Eden Summers is a brilliant storyteller. I continue to be swept away by her likeable characters and incredible writing. 

I'm sad that this series has come to an end. I wish there were more stories that needed to be told, but all good things must come to an end. For the best enjoyment I suggest starting from the beginning with book #1, Shot of Sin


Rating: 4 Stars (A)

No comments: