Monday, August 07, 2017

DIRTY DEEDS (DIRTY #1)

No dirty deed goes unnoticed in a seductive game of cat and mouse. But for Alec and Gaige, the wrong move could get them killed.

Alec Drummond didn’t make his billions by playing nice—or by playing much at all. When it comes to pleasure, Alec only has time for whatever’s quick and easy, which is exactly what he gets from his company’s hot new computer genius. But Gaige Owens isn’t some pushover. He pushes back, and it’s giving Alec a rush. The question is, could Gaige be the one who’s leaking trade secrets? Just to be safe, Alec keeps him close at hand . . . night and day.

Gaige never thought he’d roll over for a man like Alec again, but who could resist sex this mind-blowing? Then there’s the draw of Alec’s mysterious side: his cutthroat ambition, his covert CIA connections, and the murder in his past. For Gaige, a deeper look proves an irresistible temptation. But when Gaige and Alec are stripped of their defenses by an unseen danger, everything they don’t know could bring them closer together—or tear them apart. Only one thing is certain: Before it’s all over, someone’s going down.

Release Date: August 8, 2017
Random House Loveswept
Dirty #1
Romantic Suspense
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

Dirty Deeds is the first book in a new series, but is also a spin-off from the Tough Love series. Dirty Deeds can totally be read as a stand-alone story, but some of the information at the beginning of the book does come from the Tough Love series. Ms. Dimon did a great job catching readers up, so the dynamics can be understood.

really enjoyed Dirty Deeds. I felt like it moved a little slowly in the first part, but the second half of the story really picked up. I found myself pretty much falling in love with Gaige and his sarcastic banter from the moment he appeared on the page. I really loved sexy billionaire Alec as well. I honestly felt a pretty instant connection between Gaige and Alec, and loved the sexy banter between them. I had to laugh that Alec really wanted to shoot Gaige when he caught him in his server room after he broke into his business on Seth's orders. I still have totally mixed emotions when it comes to Seth. One minute I want to shoot him and the next he steps up and does something amazing and I want to hug him.

I have to say I adored Gaige and Alec together. They had some of the most amazing chemistry from the moment they met. I definitely won't call it an instant love type of thing, but will say originally there was totally instant lust. OMG the hotness factor of this story was wonderful! Two extremely sexy men being together and having a really hard time keeping their hands off each other. Seriously loved them as a couple.

The suspense portion of the story was really great. I have to say I wasn't surprised at all at who was behind everything. I honestly suspected this person of something from the moment they appeared not he page.  Something just didn't add up about this person for me. I have to say I was really glad to see it not be one of the other people I suspected, so I really liked the outcome of the bad guy.

Dirty Deeds was a super sexy and fun read for me. Loved the suspenseful portion of the story right along with the romance between Gaige and Alec. Again, I felt like the first 30% of the book moved a little slow, but once it picked up, the story moved along quickly. I recommend Dirty Deeds to readers who enjoy a super sexy M/M story with a great suspense storyline as well.

Rating: 4 Stars (B+) 


No comments: