Wednesday, March 07, 2018

BURN BRIGHT (ALPHA & OMEGA #5)

Mated werewolves Charles Cornick and Anna Latham face a threat like no other--one that lurks too close to home...



They are the wild and the broken. The werewolves too damaged to live safely among their own kind. For their own good, they have been exiled to the outskirts of Aspen Creek, Montana. Close enough to the Marrok's pack to have its support; far enough away to not cause any harm.



With their Alpha out of the country, Charles and Anna are on call when an SOS comes in from the fae mate of one such wildling. Heading into the mountainous wilderness, they interrupt the abduction of the wolf--but can't stop blood from being shed. Now Charles and Anna must use their skills--his as enforcer, hers as peacemaker--to track down the attackers, reopening a painful chapter in the past that springs from the darkest magic of the witchborn... 

Release Date: March 6, 2018
Ace
Alpha & Omega #5
Urban Fantasy
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's review:

I love the entire Mercy Thompson world, but have to say I have an extra special place in my heart for Charles and Anna, so I read the newest Alpha & Omega book as fast as I can once it hits my kindle. 

Burn Bright did not disappoint, although the usual connection I feel between Charles and Anna was a bit more distanced because of all that was going on. Charles must step up and be more in the public eye when his dad travels, and Anna is way more private than your average werewolf, so while I know they were as close as ever, it didn’t have the exact feel I normally get.

I adore the Marrok, but he really pissed me off leaving as he did and leaving Charles completely in the dark about a possible traitor in their pack. I was so off the mark with my initial guess of the mole, and have to say I was pretty upset with said traitor. I think it hit me harder because of how hard it hit Anna. I didn’t feel as bad about being so far off the mark with my guess once I realized Charles was on the same thought path.

I did enjoy meeting the wildling members of the Marrok’s pack. I actually hope to see several of them in future books as I believe with everything that happened, some might not be wildlings any longer.

Patricia Briggs once again pulled me into her world and I loved the ride. I’ll be honest and say Leah has always been my least favorite character in this series, but after reading Burn Bright I not only understand her now, I have respect for her as well. 

Burn Bright is a winner in the Alpha & Omega series and I can’t wait for my next journey with these characters.

Rating: 4 Stars (B+)


No comments: